Reaching 522 subscribers
MOEMA Membership Open for 2019
Membership is open to anyone involved in emergency preparedness or response activities. Individuals with local, county, state and federal government agencies, education, business and industry, and volunteer organizations are eligible to join. MOEMA’s strength relies on a broad-based membership of individuals dedicated to emergency preparedness.
Respond here à http://www.missouriema.com/en/membership
Multiple Tornadoes Hit the Midwest; One Killed In Missouri
One person inside an Aurora, Mo motel was killed as the storm passed through.
Read More Here à https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/midwest/2018/12/03/510865.htm
Many of the Dead in Camp Fire Were Disabled
Over and over again, it’s mostly people with disabilities and aged, they are the one being left behind.
Read more here à http://www.govtech.com/em/preparedness/-Many-of-the-Dead-in-Camp-Fire-Were-Disabled-Could-They-Have-Been-Saved.html?utm_term=READ%20MORE&utm_campaign=L.A.%20County%20Supervisors%20to%20Spend%20%244.5%20Million%20Studying%20%27New%20Realities%27%20in%20Fire%20Service&utm_content=email&utm_source=Act-On+Software&utm_medium=email
Save – The – Date! / Location Announced!
Sneak Peak: 2019 MOEMA Conference Speaker Line-Up
- SEMA Director – Ron Walker
- Table Rock, A Community Response – Panel (Tom Martin)
- Effective Social Media – Illinois State Trooper-PIO, Tracy Lillard
- Unmanned Arial Systems – RMUS, Ryan Wood
- Coordinating with your local Church – Convoy of Hope, Jason Anderson
Read more here à http://www.missouriema.com/en/events/annual-conference-information
What Food Items Should You Buy When Preparing for a Storm?
Answer: It’s not Bread and Milk!
FEMA wants 2010 flood money back from Nashville
A report from the OIG says Nashville County owes FEMA $413,074.
2019 (August) SEMA Speaker Conference Requests
A call for speakers is being requested by SEMA for the 2019 State Emergency Management Conference that is slated for August 2019 in St. Charles, Mo. Please see attached document that outlines the information to supporting the State of Missouri in conference development of bringing key emergency management practitioners to the conference.
- Creative Social Media Ideas
- Best Practices in Emergency Management
- Higher Educations – A Resource In Your Community
- MOEMA – What’s In It For Me?
- Emergency Management Accreditation Process (EMAP) – reaching a standard
- How do I get to the EOC? – A plan to develop your EOP plan orientation
- So you built an AAR, how do you implement it? – A guide on corrective action and implementation
- University of Missouri Extension Role in Local Emergency Management
- What is MyPI (My Preparedness Initiative) (which is a 4-H program focused on youth development) and How Can That Build Capability within My County?
- The Need for COADs in Local Emergency Management Planning
- Building an Evacuation Plan
- COOP vs Business Continuity vs EOP
Get the Speaker Proposal Form here..
Emergency Management Employment Opportunities:
Read more here à https://emops17.wixsite.com/emops/em-jobs
Find the MOEMA Apparel Items You Need at Our Online Store!
Items delivered right to your door! Check it out here à https://www.logosoftwear.com/shops/moema
Join the Conversation! Connect with MOEMA on Social Media